The ultimate auto-tagging plugin for WordPress.
NOTE: The plugin is now being maintained on GitHub, so please do contribute all your questions, comments, suggestions, fixes and improvements with me here.
Title to Terms Ultimate is for every WordPress admin that needs tags, categories and other taxonomies filled out automatically. For each post type in your WordPress installation, T2TU will allow you to assign a taxonomy to be automatically updated with keywords pulled from the title of the post.
Every time a post gets saved or updated, T2TU analyzes the title of the post for usable keywords. A list of user-configurable “Stop Words” is checked by the parser, so that words like “I” or “going” don’t get made into ultimately useless tags.
- Converts keywords in post titles to terms in any taxonomy
- Includes user-editable list of words to be ignored.
- Ignore list can be reset to default at any time.
- Converts on save, not publish.
- Configurable to either add new terms or append the list of terms.
Multisite admins take note: this plugin is especially helpful if you’re building a community-based site where tagging is important and your bloggers are not always diligent about tagging.
- The WP Plugin Repository icon and banner were both made with the kind contribution of: Muharrem Fevzi Çelik @ The Noun Project (CC licensed)
- Extract the zip file and upload the title_to_tags folder to your /wp-content/plugins directory.
- Activate plugin by going to the Plugins section of your Control Panel.
- Configure the plugin by going to Settings -> Writing in your Control Panel:
- Ignored Words: By default, words with weak SEO meanings are skipped. This is the list of those terms, which can be edited to add or remove words as necessary for your application.
- Append Tags: By default, T2TU only adds terms to posts without preexisting terms. Checking this box allows T2TU to append that list.
- Taxonomies and Post Types: For each post type, set the taxonomy for which you want to automatically add terms.
- How Can I Contribute?
The plugin is now being maintained on GitHub, so please do contribute all your questions, comments, suggestions, fixes and improvements with me here.
- Does this plugin convert all words in the title?
No. There is a user-configurable list of stop words, pre-populated with a host of common words, which can be used to fine-tune the resulting tags.
- Will this plugin overwrite my existing tags?
No. The plugin can be configured to either
* Add new terms only when the post does not already contain terms in that taxonomy
* Append the list of terms with any new terms not already added.
- When are the tags added? At publish or save?
Tags are added to the post when it is saved, whether as a draft, update or by publishing, but not when the post is autosaved.
- Is there a way to reset the list of ignored words back to the original?
Yes. Simply delete the current list of stop words, and Title to Tags will replace the list with its default stop words collection (stopwords.txt)
- Will this plugin put tags on my old posts?
Maybe. It will not handle the process automatically, but if you open any untagged post and save it, Titles to Tags will work.
- Why won’t this plugin tag the words “Auto” or “Draft”?
Autosaved drafts in WordPress get saved with the title of “Auto Draft”. As such, we need to add those words to our stop list.
تعاون ڪندڙ & ڊولپرز
“Title to Terms Ultimate” اوپن سورس سافٽ ويئر آهي. ھيٺين ماڻھن ھن پلگ ان ۾ حصو ورتو آھي.تعاون ڪندڙ
ترجمو ڪريو “Title to Terms Ultimate” توهان جي ٻولي ۾.
ڊولپمينٽ ۾ دلچسپي؟
ڪوڊ براؤز ڪريو، چيڪ ڪريو SVN مخزن، يا رڪنيت حاصل ڪريو ڊولپمينٽ لاگ پاران RSS.
لاگ تبدیل ڪريو
- 1.0 ~ Initial public release
- 1.1 ~ Corrected some meta data
- 1.2 ~ Name collision with another plugin, FeedWordPress, corrected
- 1.3 ~ Whoops! Didn’t put the title in the meta data, how silly!
- 1.4 ~ SVN commit to include tag
- 2.0 ~ Revamped version based on experiments with these function in another plugin.
~ using WP-style function notes
~ designed to work with both WP and WPMU
~ lowerNoPunc function now removes posessive ‘s from words
~ addresses issue where tags are created even if they’re not added to the post
- 2.1 ~ Two bug fixes:
~ Use of the deprecated number-based roles in the add_options_menu() call has been fixed.
~ Added isset() check to form submission check. Whoops! Error checking not turned on.
~ NOTE: I am aware of the issue with this plugin not working in 3.0 and the next release will correct this issue. This will probably make the plugin inoperable for <3.0. Please upgrade your system to continue using this plugin.
- 3.0 ~ Converted to WordPress 3.0-compatible code. Not sure how this will affect the 2.x users out there, but will make a branch in SVN just in case.
- 3.0.1 ~ Noticed some improvements to be made to the efficiency of the code. getStopWords is now the only function used to get the stop words anywhere they appear (formerly using get_option directly).
- 3.2 ~ Rearranging a lot of the code, user-defined stop words were being ignored.
- 3.3 New version now on GitHub.
~Version also checked to be compatible with WP 4.4
- 4.0 ~ Changed name to Titles to Terms Ultimate, reflecting newly updated code.
~ T2TU now allows one taxonomy per post type to be auto-populated by title-generated terms.
~ User-selectable taxonomy for each post type registered to WordPress, and each taxonomy registered to that post type.
- 4.1 ~ Refactoring code for efficiency and caching. Also:
~ Creating option to either maintain possessive apostrophes or not.
~ Creating a minimum length option, so smaller words do not get converted.