Unlock more revenue with ID verification
Real ID digitally proves your customer’s real identities using a photo ID and facial biometrics. Now you can fulfill any order with confidence. It’s a perfect use case for:
- Completing orders with age restrictions
- Selling high cost goods
- Vetting customers renting goods
- Validating customers in high risk markets like alcohol, cannabis, vaping and smoking accessories
Real ID’s document verification helps remove friction during fulfillment quickly and easily detecting whether a government-issued ID is genuine or fraudulent. All the user needs to do is take a photo of their ID and a selfie on their mobile device.
Fraud Detection apps rely on incomplete information
Existing anti-fraud tools rely on small pieces of a customer’s identity like email, IP address & billing information. This doesn’t give a perfect picture of your customer, and leads to false flags of paying customers. In blocking potentially fraudulent purchases, you also stop some legitimate ones.
Real ID’s identity verification solution lets you verify legitimate users caught in the crossfire, and unlock more revenue.
How does it work?
Real ID uses cutting edge A.I. to verify the authenticity of the ID and instantly match the face on the ID to the submitted selfie by the customer.
That way, even if a fraudster had access to a stolen physical ID, they can’t beat an ID check.
How does ID verification help your business?
With your customers’ verified ID & selfie photos, you’re able to prove their shipping address. This gives you far more weight on your side of the court during chargeback disputes. Even further, this practice totally eliminates “friendly fraud” losses.
And if you need to do age verification checks for purchases of restricted goods – Real ID’s document verification takes care of that too. We’ll confirm a user’s date of birth by verifying their ID to help you manage and reduce risks at checkout.
We handle the GDPR compliance
You won’t have to worry about GDPR compliance either, no data is stored on your end. We securely store all IDs and respect all data deletion requests.
We cover hundreds of countries around the world
Expand your market with confidence knowing that Real ID can verify hundreds of countries ID’s including:
- United States
- Great Britain
- And much more
Real ID can verify documents such as:
- Drivers Licenses
- National IDs
- And much more
Setting up document or biometric verification on your platform will help you make sure the user trying to make a purchase is legitimate—and not a fraudster.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
How does it work?
Real ID uses machine learning technology to identify the authenticity of your customer’s IDs.
Your customers are sent a unique URL to their mobile device by email or SMS. This link opens a secure connection to allow the customer to upload a photo of their ID.
Once we receive the image, our combination of OCR (optical recognition technology) and image recognition will determine if the ID is legitimate.
What kind of ID documents can be used for an ID check?
Real ID supports dozens of ID documents from hundreds of different countries. Supported documents include:
- Driver’s Licenses
- Insurance Cards
- Concealed Carry Licenses
Argentina Austrailia Bermuda Brazil Belarus Canada Colombia Croatia Germany France Great Britain Hong Kong Ireland Italy Lithuania Peru Romania Singapore Slovakia Thailand Ukraine United States South Africa
Argentina Austrailia Bahamas Bermuda Belarus Brazil Canada Cameroon Canada Colombia Germany Denmark France Great Britain Ghana Hong Kong Honduras Indonesia Ireland India Iraq Italy Jamaica Japan Korea Macao Mexico Malaysia Nigeria New Zealand Peru Phillipines Russia Singapore Thailand Ukraine United States Vietnam South Africa
Driver’s License Permits
Canada Great Britain United States
Canada United States
Health Insurance Documents
National Identification Cards
United Arab Emirates Argentina Austrailia Belarus Canada Germany Spain France India Indonesia Iraq Mexico Peru Singapore Slovakia Turkey United States Vietnam South Africa
Belarus Canada Great Britain Hong Kong Peru United States Vietnam
Don’t see the card or country you need to verify? Let us know. We’d be happy to help.
Why would I want my customer to submit a headshot with their ID photo?
Real ID gives you the choice to enable facial recognition scanning in addition to the ID document photo.
It’s an option for higher risk transactions to protect against the possibility of using a phyiscally stolen ID. By requiring a headshot of the ID document owner with the ID document, we can verify the photos match.
For example, even if a bad actor had possession of a stolen credit card and matching license – they would not be able to trick face matching to identify them.
We use video liveness tests to verify that the photos are legitimate and not taken from social media or other online sources.
How are the uploading of IDs and photos secured?
Real ID encrypts the connection from your customers mobile devices. This protects their data from being intercepted by bad actors.
You don’t have to think about compliance, Real ID stores your customer’s securely in our database.
You’re always in control over what data you’d like to keep. Delete your customer’s ID or headshot photos at any time in the app.
How much does it cost?
We offer several different plans to meet your needs. Check out the pricing page for more details.
My customer says they can’t open their ID check. What should I do?
We’re happy to troubleshoot. Please contact us, or email us or chat with us in-app for support.
Can I delete my customers photos after they have been verified?
Protecting your customers privacy is very important to us. That’s why we offer an option in any ID check to delete your customer’s photos safely and permanently.
You can reassure your customers that their IDs will be wiped after they’ve verified their ID.
What kind of information can I see in the dashboard?
Real ID automatically reads the text on any given document. Depending on the level of detail the document provides you can expect to read data such as:
First Name Last Name Address Age City State Issuing Country of the ID Issuing State of the ID Unique License or Document ID
Additionally you can use these pieces of information to verify that the customer is qualified for the purchase. Or that their billing & shipping information matches their ID.
Can I automatically require ID verification only on high risk orders?
Real ID offers a “sit and forget” customer verification process so you can require ID verification automatically on high risk orders.
You can enable rules to automatically trigger ID verification checks to your customers.
Total Order Price - depending on the amount of the total price of the order, you can trigger an ID check. Mistmatching Shipping to Billing Address - if an order's shipping and billing address do not match, it's a sign of potential credit card fraud. Real ID can automatically verify these orders. Product Categories and Tags - only require ID checks on specific product categories or product tags.
At what point during verification am I charged for a check?
Checks are counted when they are created. Whether it be by a manual link sent my phone or SMS, or automatically by your configured rules.
This is because we deter fraudulent, underage or unqualified purchases even if the customer doesn’t provide their ID. By showing your store is secured against fraud with an ID check link, you’ve mitigated your risk of a fraudulent chargeback or purchase.
It’s our policy to not refund on checks that have already been sent regardless if the customer failed the ID check or failed to submit any documents.
If I turn on automatic ID checking, will repeat customers receive ID checks twice?
There’s an additional setting in the dashboard that allows you to only require ID verification once from your repeat customers.
That way you can reduce friction even further and keep your trusted customers from having to do multiple ID checks.
I need to require my customer’s signature for orders in addition to ID verification – can Real ID help?
Yes, easy & intuitive electronic signatures are available in Real ID. You can enable signature captures for ID verification checks. You’ll be able to view and download your customers signatures right in the dashboard.
No code required to turn on or disable this feature.
تعاون ڪندڙ & ڊولپرز
“Real ID: Identity Verification for WooCommerce” اوپن سورس سافٽ ويئر آهي. ھيٺين ماڻھن ھن پلگ ان ۾ حصو ورتو آھي.تعاون ڪندڙ
ڊولپمينٽ ۾ دلچسپي؟
لاگ تبدیل ڪريو
- Fix user metadata updates when no WC order is present yet
- Frontend variable path fix
- Back ID photo display fix
- FaceMatch confidence display fix
- Tested up to WP 6.3 and WC 7.9.0
- Customer registration flow blocks actions in the UI until current user is verified
- adding allowed origins for CORS
- Update the user identification flow script tag location and defer
- Custom flow link support
- Add back of ID capture support
- Better feedback in webhook responses
- Allow orders on hold to be modified as well
- Only update order statuses if processing or completed
- Adding ability to control registration CTA URLs
- Bug fix on routing
- Include back of ID photo if captured
- Store pagination, search and filters in URL for easier backtracking
- Ability to select orders in the new check form
- Fixing issue with associting new ID checks with orders and customers
- Allowing of sending new ID checks at any ID check stage
- Fixing issue with cart contents not included in all store pages
- Add help center link
- Fix missing ID photo display if no job results
- Removing POST requests for data deletion
- Fixing wp_remote_delete call for license and data deletion requests
- Address eSignature display issue in dashboard
- Adding flow to require ID verification before viewing store (a.k.a. ID gate)
- Fixing missing content-type for non-authenticated calls
- Fix stepwrapper issue on check details page
- Replace GuzzleHttp with wp_remote_* functions
- Allow customer first and last names to be optional
- Update dev environment to use constants
- Fixing issue on PHP ver
- Added intval and removed direct SQL options checking statements
- Tested WordPress v6.4.0 compatibilty
- Fixes delivery_methods options assignment bug
- Adds product category ID trigger support for post-checkout flow
- Adds billing to address mismatching
- Adds minimum age automatic verification
- Adds ability to disable manual uploads
- Adds ability to control e-signature capture preferences
- Bumping symver for publish
- Adding necessary webhooks for supporting post-checkout rules
- Secondary color control
- Addresses home filters bug with muliselect
- Allows empty values for association webhooks
- Fixes order to ID check associations for pre-checkout on non-post permalink structured sites
- Adding seller support for custom Dokkan roles
- Using server side rendering for exposing rest path
- Symver fix
- Adding rest_url() support for plugins like WPML that alter the home_url()
- Better handling of current user sessions for pre-checkout flow
- Fixing symver
- Fixing customer registration webhook API client import
- Adding ID verification column to admin users table
- Adding after customer registration webhook support
- Address reset sandbox mode and license activation bugs
- Adding pagination support to product categories
- Ability to customize all email templates
- Ability to only require ID verification for specific categories
- Hydrate order webhook with tag and category IDs
- Adding redundancy to fix pre-checkout order associations
- Compensating for potential missing customer_ids on COD orders
- Compensating for non-page permalink installs
- Disabling AMD support to fix Jetpack lodash collison
- Fixing license key validation bug in the unauthorized component
- Fix delete check data action button
- Fixing missing platform entry on manually sent ID checks
- Removing cache option to prevent write error permission issues
- Adding Portuguese language support
- Republishing for symver bump
- Adding fixes for post-checkout embeds
- Supporting multile entry points for post-checkout embeds
- Fixing dedupe errors
- Adding shipping to billing mistmatch trigger
- Fixing bug in WC user metadata updating from webhook
- Fixing pagination, check status and searching bugs
- Removing Monolog to fix collisions with other apps
- Bumping tag to clear wordpress.org cache
- Fixing internal tagging
- Fixing typo on previous changelog message
- Minor fixes to PHP warnings due to typecastings
- Adding icons to real_id_user_verification_status shortcode output
- Adding shortcodes to display user verification status
- Adds Spanish translations
- Fixes bug with sandbox mode disabling after saving settings
- PHP 7.4 support
- Rename internal
ddfunction to a namespaced version
- Internal refactor into monorepo
- Make CheckState more open for pre-check usage
- Bump semver, we need to automate the semver version upgrade
- Bump semver
- Fixing misnamed variable for post-checkout assocation
- Fix for transitioning away from UUIDs to a shorter ID format
- Bump tag
- Fix for erroneous “a valid email is required” message
- Fix for verifying email sender signature
- Add support for triggers on price floor and shipping to US or specific US states
- Add custom menu icon
- Add sandbox mode support & update onboarding to match
- Bump tag
- Adding email sender signature support (send ID checks with your own email)
- Adding multiple merchant email notification options
- Fixing relative URL to the WP root route during license activation
- Adding ability to require ID verification pre-checkout
- Fixing an errant pagination issue
- Adding a new onboarding experience
- Adding public assets directory and PHP pathing
- Fixing PHP vendor autoloading path issues with certain hosts
- Fixing casing on WC integration class
- Adding ability to check all orders
- Adding ability to customize ID check branding and white label ID checks
- Normalizing ID check statuses
- Adding check status badge to the admin orders page
- Updating listing banner, logo and screenshots
- Including help chat
- Fixing app distribution by including 3rd party dependencies and builds
- First public release.