Add advanced search form to bbPress search page with filters and search results ordering controls. On admin side, you can control which user roles (or visitors) can use filters, and hide the filters you don’t want to use.
Plugin adds following filters:
- Forums, including option to select forums, and search subforums
- Users, select a user or type username
- Content Type (reply, topic)
- Topic Status
- Topic Tags
- Date Period, predefined list of periods
- Change results sort order
Also, plugin can replace the default search form to include the link to the advanced form. The plugin supports use of the templates’ replacement package plugin GD Quantum Theme Pro for bbPress.
Plugin uses templates with filters and actions, and all templates can be overridden through theme, just like default bbPress templates can.
More free dev4Press.com plugins for bbPress
- GD Forum Manager – quick and bulk forums and topics edit
- GD Members Directory – add new page with list of all forum members
- GD bbPress Attachments – attachments for topics and replies
- GD bbPress Tools – various expansion tools for forums
- GD Topic Polls – add polls to the bbPress topics
Upgrade to GD Power Search Pro
Pro version contains many more great features:
- Highlight keywords in the search results
- Select where to search (title, content or both)
- Additional search filters
- Multi select for users filter
- Datetime picker for Date filter
- And much, much more
With more features on the roadmap exclusively for Pro version.
- PHP: 7.0 or newer
- Plugin doesn’t work with PHP 5.6 or older versions.
- WordPress: 5.2 or newer
- Plugin doesn’t work with WordPress 5.1 or older versions.
- bbPress 2.6.2 or newer
- Plugin folder in the WordPress plugins folder must be
gd-power-search-for-bbpressfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
Does plugin works with WordPress MultiSite installations?
Yes. Each website in network can activate and use plugin on it’s on.
Can I translate plugin to my language?
Yes. POT file is provided as a base for translation. Translation files should go into Languages directory.
Where can I configure the plugin?
Open the WordPress Settings menu, and you will see GD Power Search item there. This will open a panel with global plugin settings.
The search form is not displayed for me?
You need to enable search in bbPress first (Settings -> Forums -> Search -> Allow forum wide search).
تعاون ڪندڙ & ڊولپرز
“GD Power Search for bbPress” اوپن سورس سافٽ ويئر آهي. ھيٺين ماڻھن ھن پلگ ان ۾ حصو ورتو آھي.تعاون ڪندڙ
لاگ تبدیل ڪريو
- New: tested with the WordPress 6.0
- New: system requirements: now requires WordPress 5.2 or newer
- New: support for GD Quantum Theme Pro for bbPress
- New: many improvements related to the PHP code style
- Edit: d4pLib 2.8.14
- Fix: problems with search forms when using Quantum template package
- New: system requirements: now requires PHP 7.0 or newer
- New: system requirements: now requires WordPress 5.0 or newer
- New: system requirements: now requires bbPress 2.6.2 or newer
- Edit: improved pagination links processing
- Edit: d4pLib 2.8.13
- Fix: few instances trying to echo function with void return
- Fix: few more issues with the pagination links
- Fix: missing license.txt file
- Edit: d4pLib 2.8.10
- Fix: search results pagination links not properly converted
- New: tested with PHP 7.4
- Edit: d4pLib 2.8.5
- Fix: missing method for removal of default search form
- Fix: search form in widget gets removed on search page
- Fix: minor issue with with the PHP 7.4 deprecations
- New: support to search with no keywords
- New: upgrade empty search to valid keywordless search
- Edit: improved loading of the replacement forms
- Edit: various styling updates and improvements
- Edit: d4pLib 2.8.2
- Fix: power search form replaced into the widget
- First plugin version