Avalicious! is a WordPress plugin that integrates LiveJournal, Dreamwidth, and Tumblr user avatars in WordPress comments. It is a functional re-write of Also LJ Avatar (itself a re-write of some even older plugins), with the following differences:
- user avatars are downloaded via the cURL library, hopefully avoiding issues with hosts that disable remote URL includes
- the regexps for extracting avatars have been improved
- the user’s journal URL is extracted from a comment’s URL (not the name)
- the user’s name is not re-written.
- Minor fixes. Should not have better compatibility with Dreamwidth icons.
- Should now work with both HTTP and HTTPS Tumblrs. Magic!
- Small regexp fixes.
- Added support for Tumblr icons.
- Old icons are now cleaned up automatically every month.
- Small bugfixes.
Avalicious! is based off the original Also LJ Avatar by Ravenwood and Irwin. No disrespect is intended towards the original authors; without their great work, this plugin wouldn’t have been possible (or at least would’ve taken a hell of a lot longer to write).
- Upload the
avaliciousfolder to the
- If required, make the
avalicious/danga-iconsdirectory writable (though the plugin should work without it).
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
ھن پلگ ان لاءِ ڪي به رايا ناھن.